The control or maneuver elements are devices that allow us to open or close the circuit when we need it. These are some examples:
- Table with symbols and images of maneuver and control elements.
- Switches : A switch (simple), allows to open or close a circuit and remains in the same position until we press again.
- A double or bipolar switch is a switch that opens and closes two circuits at the same time.
- Images and symbols of the switches.
Example : In the following cases you can check the operation of the switches:
Operation of the simple switch.
Example of the use of a double or bipolar switch, which closes two circuits at the same time.
- Push buttons.
- A button permits you to open or close the circuit only while we are acting on it. When we stop pressing, it returns to its initial position.
- Normally open push button (NO):
- In the idle state, the circuit is free, and it closes when pressed.
- Normally closed pushbutton (NC):
- In the idle state, the circuit remains closed, and it opens when pressed.